New Treatment offered – Cool Face Peel.
What is it? The cool peel is a mild peel made of lactic acid. Our skins are made of lactic acid so it is the safest way to peel our skin. The percentage of lactic acid in the professional peel is 5%.
- All skin types
- Particularly good for oily, acne or rosacea
- Thickened sun damaged skin
Not suitable for – Hyper pigmentation should not be treated because when we peel our skin we make it more susceptible to uv penetration and consequently that can lead to more melanin being produced so the condition can get worse.
Benefits you can see
- Remove excess dead skin cells without damaging or striping the skin
- Thickens the epidermis of our skin
- Soften and smooths wrinkles and fine lines
- Improve skins radiance / natural moisture
- Reduces and prevents breakouts
- Will lighten superficial pigmentation
- Reduces redness
- Kills bacteria
Whats actually happening – Growth factors will stimulate the production of collagen and elastin to tighten the skin reducing lines, wrinkles and making the skin plumper. Cool peels result in the release of TGF (Transforming growth factor) which is responsible for scar less healing.
Preparation for the cool peel.
- Clients must be using a Vitamin A cream for a minimum of 3 weeks prior to treatment.
- Patch test 48 hours before.
- Skin not prepared with Vitamin A
- Excessive Sun bed users / recent exposure to the sun
- Diabetes or other major illness – doctors note required
- Radiation treatment
- Skin deasease like Porphyria
- Recent dermabrasion or laser resurfacing treatments
- Waxing of the area is not recommended 10 days before or after the peel.
Skin care after peeling
- Avoid sun exposure for minimum of 7 days
- Sunscreen must be worn daily
- No swimming in the sea or swimming pool for 24 hours
- Do not pick or rub the skin
- Avoid use of AHA or other exfoliating products for 48 hours
- Make up and normal skincare can be worn
For stubborn skin conditions a course is recommended
- Problematic skin – Treat once a week for 6 weeks. Support daily with the home peel kit.
- Sun Damaged skin – Treat once a week for 6 weeks and support with the home peel kit 2-3 times per week.
Please note the home peel kit has 2.5% of lactic acid and the professional one is 5% lactic acid.
Lauras Mobile Beauty Treats now offers facial peels. See facials in the treatment section. www.laurasmobilebeautytreats.com