Did you know that once we hit 25 our skin is actually classed as mature. This is when we start to lose collagen and we should start taking extra care of our skin to slow down the ageing process.
My Top Tips for keeping the skin looking younger for longer.
- Drink plenty of water. Have you ever noticed after a night of drinking alcohol the next day you look older? Also having the central heating on full in the winter also causes dehydration. Dehydration lines are very ageing, everyone should be drinking 2 + litres a day to prevent this. If you dont drink any water then start by drinking a pint a day, after a week up it to two pints a day and just keep upping it until you reach the amount you should be drinking. If your skin is dehydrated aswell as drinking water you can use some rehydration products like Clarin’s HydraQuench Serum, Clarin’s HydraQuench Mask and Clarin’s HydraQuench Moisturiser. All of these products will put lost water back into the skin making it look more youthful and radiant.
- Wear Sun Screen. UVB & UVA ray’s are responsible for 90% of ageing in the skin. You should always wear a sun screen, especially in hot weather and obviously avoid sunbeds. If you feel your skin needs abit of colour then try Clarins Radiance Plus which is a moisturiser with a hint of fake tan in it or try a Sienna X Spray Tan.
- Avoid Smoking as it starves your skin of oxygen and increases harmful free radicals which are ageing for the skin and can cause illness.
- Eat foods rich in Antioxidant’s. Antioxidant’s fight free radical’s in the body which destroy and kill our cells causing illness and ageing.
- Alternatively you can take an Antioxidant supplement or drink a Antioxidant Juice. Vitamin A, C and E are all Antioxidant’s aswell as Acai, Betacarotine & Goji Berries. See holland and Barrett.
- Get a good skincare routine. Never sleep in your make up and use high quality products. My favourite products are Clarin’s, Environ and Dermalogica.
- Have regular facial’s. The massage in a facial detoxify’s the skin and stimulate’s fresh blood and nutrients to the skin making it look younger and fresher. The products used in a facial like the scrub and the mask will help with the dehydration lines.
- Try and get lots of sleep, the minimum should be 6-8 hour’s. Your skin repair’s itself while you sleep. Lots of late nights will age your skin.
Ok so realistically none of us are saints and we all sometime’s drink to much, eat the wrong things and have late nights ect. So to repair some of the damage after these occasions I would highly recommend Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. After cleansing or washing your face apply a think layer and leave it on for a minimum of 15 mins. There is no maximum time you should leave it on for, I sometimes sleep in it. This product is truely amazing and removes all signs of fatigue once you have washed it off just moisturise as normal. If you are going out again then mix a pea sized amount of Beauty Flash with your normal foundation and apply to the face. It makes such a difference. The other thing you can do is have a Berocca which full of Vitamin’s and Antioxidant’s. They are available from Boots and I find if I have had a late night that drinking a Berroca makes me feel and look alot better. It can also be taken to boost your immune system.
Thanks for reading,