You can visit me at my home in Staines Upon Thames, Surrey. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.
Ok so most women these days have some kind of Beauty Treatments done whether its painting your nails, having a facial or removing your leg hair most of us do some kind of beauty treatment done weekly or monthly.
So how do you decide what's best for you with regards to getting a Mobile Beauty Therapist round or going to your local salon. Let me help you decide.
So the Pro’s of getting a Mobile Beauty Therapist to your house are
• If your lacking in time then this will save you time. If you are having an hours treatment then you will only use one hour out of your day. You wont have to waste time getting to and from the salon.
• If you have children and you time it so they are asleep for a relaxing treatment like a Facial or a Massage or if they are relatively well behaved then things like Waxing, Manicures and Pedicures you can have done while your kids are there and you don't have to worry about arranging / cost of childcare.
• If you work long hours then your therapist can come to you for a time that suits you, either really early in the morning before work or late in the evening after work.
• It will cost you less. You don't have to worry about the extra cost of petrol, trains, buses and parking tickets.
• You wont have the stress of relying on public transport or traffic to make sure you are on time.
• If your the type of person who doesn't like to be seen without make up on / hair done then having a Therapist come to you is the perfect solution.
• You will remain relaxed for longer if you don't have to worry about getting home after your beauty treatment.
• The therapist can do couples or groups of you which again is great if you have children as you can have a pamper party and take it in turns to look after each others kids.
• If you work from home then you can have things done but still be checking your emails / working on your laptop at the same time as having your treatments done. For example you could have your legs waxed whilst being on a conference call.
• As the treatment’s are generally cheaper with a Mobile Beauty Therapist if your on a budget it will be more affordable for you. If your not on a budget then you can have the treatments done more regularly then you would if you was paying Salon or Spa prices.
• Salons can sometimes be noisy so if your having something relaxing like a Massage then having it home can be a more enjoyable experience.
• I think if a Beautician comes to your home its abit more personal so you will build a better relationship with her.
The Pro’s of going to a Salon.
• If your house is Chaotic with kid’s, pet’s and husband’s its sometimes nicer to get away from it all.
• If you don't like the idea of a stranger coming to your house then a beauty salon might be a better option for you.
• The rooms in Beauty Salons / Spa’s are sometimes have nicer, warmer rooms then your own home.
• If your going to a luxury spa it can feel like more of a treat.
So in a nutshell its more convenient, cheaper and you have less things to worry about if you just get a Mobile Beautician to come to you.
Thanks for reading,
Ok so if your actually going to work hard whilst at the gym and working hard usually mean’s getting a little hot and breaking a sweat. The last thing you want is make up running down your face, this isn't a good look and its not good for your skin either. However I know some ladies may be a little self conscious about being bare faced in public, especially if your personal trainer is a bit of hunk.
Here's some tips I would recommend to give you a more natural look whilst exercising.
• Get your Eyelashes tinted. This will make you look more bright eyed, like your wearing mascara. If you find your lashes still look a little flat you can always pop on a bit of clear mascara just to give them a bit of lift.
• Another option is to get your Eyelashes Permed. If you tint / perm your lashes you really don't need Mascara. Once done by a professional this should last around 6-8 weeks.
• Another option is Eyelash Extensions which need to be maintained every 2-3 weeks with infills.
• If you really must wear Mascara then make sure its waterproof, I like Maybelline
• To give the skin a healthy glow have a Spray Tan
• If you really must wear something on your skin I really wouldn't recommend Foundation as its too heavy and will block your pores. I would go for something really light like Dermalogica’s tinted Moisturiser.
• If you feel you need a little blusher again I would avoid powders that clog the pore’s. Go for something light and waterproof like Benefit Cheek tint.
Remember ladies you should remove the days make up off your skin before exercising. If you want something really quick then I recommend Simple Face Wipes. You can do your face and eyes in a minute or two.
Thanks for reading
So most of us aren't blessed with the looks of Angelina Jolie. Obviously there are a few obvious things like doing our hair and make up which will improve anyone’s appearance but I think there are a few key things that everyone can do to make the best of what we have been given.
I have had mine laser whitened when I was travelling in Thailand. I have also done the home kit and it makes such a difference. The laser procedure is very quick, it took approx 45 minutes but the result is instant and your teeth get whiter and whiter over the next 48 hours. In Thailand its really cheap but here you can expect to pay £500+ and it lasts around 5 years although I would say if you drink lots of red wine, tea or coffee it wont last as long and you may need to do a top up every 6 months with the home kit. Make sure you go to a reputable company because if its not done properly it can cause you health problems. The other option is the home kit which takes about 2 weeks and the result was pretty much the same, although it doesnt last aslong. For the home fit you can expect to pay around £150 to get your mouth trays made and around £20 per gel syringe. For a 2 week course you will use around 4 syringes of whitening gel. So the first time around it costs more but then each time you do it you just need to buy the whitening gel so its approx £80 every 6 months which isnt too expensive.
If your fair or if your Eyebrows are grey you can have them tinted to match your hair colour or to make them a shade darker to add definition to your face. Well shaped Eyebrows make a huge difference.
Exercise will not only release stress & increase endorphins. It will make you look & feel better. If you feel better you will start to look better. I recommend getting in shape to everyone as for one its the healthy thing to do but also when you start to look better your confidence will increase. If you struggle to get motivated to exercise then I recommend getting a personal trainer as then its an appointment in your diary each week so its harder for you to not go. If you really cant bear the thought of it then find something active that you enjoy like walking, dancing, bike riding, pole dancing, horse riding ect. There are lots of things you can do to keep active and avoid the gym.
Find a skin routine that suits you and stick to it. If your unsure what products to be using and then consult a Beauty Therapist who can advise you on a good skincare routine. I offer Facials and skincare advice.
Regular Manicures and Pedicures will make a huge difference to the general health of your nails. If your not the sort of person who likes to paint there nails with colour then at the very least use a clear nail varnish that strengthens your nails. Nailtiques is 100% the best one on the market that I have used.
If your not very good at applying your make up properly then go for a make up lesson. I have had several makeovers with Mac and I’ve always been happy with the result.Have a spray tan. There is no doubt that everyone looks and feels better with a bit of colour.
I absolutely love Teeth Whitening and think it makes a huge difference to anyone's smile. I have had my teeth whitened 3 times in the last 5 years.
The first technique I had was Laser. I had it done while I was in Thailand so I don't know which laser it was but you could feel heat when the laser was on. My mouth was clamped open and a thin line of gel was applied along the line where the gum meets the tooth. A laser was held over my teeth for 4 rounds of 30-60 seconds. Each round was a tiny bit more painful, it wasn't unbearably painful but it was uncomfortable and the heat felt hotter and hotter with each round. I paid £140 but in London you can expect to pay around £500+. Initially I thought the treatment hadn't worked but over the next few hours my teeth got whiter and whiter and but the next day they were gleaming white. I was thrilled with the result. The only side effect I experienced was I would get a second of sensitivity every few hours over the first 24 hours but that was it. Coloured food and drink should be avoided for 48 hours after the laser. They told me the laser should last 5 years but after 3 years my teeth became a bit dis-coloured again so that's when I did the home kit.
When I did the home kit I had to pay approx £100 for my mouth trays to be made then you pay approx £20 per syringe of tooth whitening gel. Its recommended you use 4 syringes over a 2 week period. During this time coloured foods and drinks should be avoided. The gels come in different strengths I think I had a 10% and a 16%. Your dentist should recommend which percentages to use as it all depends on your tooth sensitivity. Again I was thrilled with the result, teeth were gleaming white. I was abit sensitive over the 2 week period and the result lasted maybe 6 months before I needed a top up. The good thing about the home kit is once your trays are made you only have to buy the gels every time you want to repeat the process so that works out about £80. I used the Polar Light brand and was very happy with it.
The 3rd technique I used was the cool laser. The process was pretty much the same as the other laser but accept the laser is held over the teeth for 5 rounds of 4 minutes and you couldnt feel any heat. This is definitely the least comfortable way of doing it. They put a bleach on my teeth which smelt really bad like really strong chlorine and you feel like your breathing it in. My gums were red and sore after and my teeth werent any whiter. It was a complete waste of money. If you do see a cheap laser deal online then beware as its probably the cool laser method they use. Before paying for anything I would ring the company and ask what laser is it they use and do they apply a bleach first that smells like chlorine.
Thanks for readinghttp://laurasmobilebeautytreats.com.com/
Is exfoliation a vital part of your skincare routine?
Yes and no. Pre-cleansing helps you to double-clean skin but if it still looks tired and dull, a gentle exfoliation will help. Exfoliation should be as gentle as possible so you don't damage the skins surface protective layer. You shouldn't over exfoliate as it will strip your skin of its natural oils as well as take off the top protective layer of skin which will make your skin more flaky in the long run. If you need a gentle exfoliator I like AVST hydrating exfoliating mask, C- Quence Energising Mask, B-Active Sebumasque, Intensive Alpha Hydroxy Cream & Intensive Alpha Hydroxy Gel. These products will melt off your dead skin in a very gentle way.
I have sensitive skin do I still need to exfoliate?
Its best not to exfoliate a sensitive skin. They need to maintain a healthy layer of dead skin cells on the surface of the skin (known as the horny layer) in order to prevent excessive water loss. It would be better to clean your skin with a pre cleanser then rinse off with water. If your skin is super sensitive take Vitamin A Capsules or supplements to try and rebuild and thicken your skins protective layer. Also a vitamin enriched cream is a good idea.
Thanks for reading!
I have always had thin, weak, peeling nails that never grew very long without breaking. That was until I discovered Nailtiques. Nailtiques are protein formulas for the nails and come in 3 different strengths.
• Formula 1 – Maintain a healthy nail
• Formula 2 – For thin, weak, peeling nails
• Formula 3 – For hard, brittle nails
This Nail Strengthener is the the only one I have used that actually really works. Within 2 week of using Nailtiques I had nails and within 6-8 weeks they were long and strong.What you should do is buy Formula 2 or 3 depending on what your nail type is and then once your have your nails in the condition that you want move onto Formula 1 to maintain your nails. If you over use Formula 2 it will have an adverse effect as over proteinising your nails will also make them break.
You can get Nailtiques off Amazon or Nail Recovery.
Thanks for reading
We all need a chance to unwind right now. With everything that’s going on in the world, especially the pandemic, stress is at an unhealthy, unmanageable level all across the country. According to The Lancet, mental health in the UK took a significant hit due to COVID-19. We all need a healthy dose of self-care to make this time less miserable. Getting a massage is an excellent way to boost your spirits and release pent-up stress. Laura’s Mobile Beauty Treats lets you get that massage in the comfort of your own home. But you might be wondering: Is it safe right now? We’ve broken down the answer to that question and more.
Q1: Is it safe to get a massage?A1: As in all things with COVID-19, safety is a relative term. Any time you’re interacting with someone outside of your household, you increase your risk of catching or spreading COVID-19. However, with mask usage, temperature checks for client and masseuse, and by scheduling your massage in your own home, you can keep risks relatively low.
Q2: Who shouldn’t, and what are alternatives? A2: If you’re at high-risk for developing serious complications from COVID-19, you’re likely being extra cautious. Fortunately, there are plenty of alternative ways to give yourself a break:
Q3: How else can I lower stress right now?A3: Ultimately, the best thing you can do for stress is to pursue a healthy lifestyle. Spiritual practices, hobbies, and finding safe ways to socialize are great, too. If all else fails, or you just want extra help, you should look into working with a mental health pro.
Focus on using whichever methods of self-care are safe and effective for you right now. More than ever, we all have to learn how to prioritize our personal wellbeing along with the wellbeing of those around us. When we make use of stress-reduction techniques, we make ourselves healthier and happier!
Looking for a way to get a massage or beauty treatment without leaving the house? Check out Laura’s Mobile Beauty Treats for services that come to you!
Photo Credit: Pexels