The Sienna X Spray Tanning Process
Firstly the Sienna X barrier cream is applied to all dry areas to dilute the tan and prevent certain areas from becoming too dark. You will then step into the tent, where I will spray you with the Sienna X Spray Tan, which takes only 5-10 minutes.
The Sienna X Spray Tan comes out a pale brown colour when sprayed on; please note that this is not your tan; it is simply a colour guide so I can see where I have sprayed.
You can shower the tan off 10 hours later, leaving you with a beautiful and natural-looking tan.
Sienna X comes in different strengths; I stock 8%, 10%, 12%, light, medium or dark.
Pre and post-tanning advice
Before your tan
- Exfoliate and moisturise the night before the tan (not on the day of the tan), paying particular attention to elbows, knees, ankles and problem dry areas. Ensure your exfoliator doesn't contain any oil as oil will act as a barrier, and the tan will not take or, even worse, it will be patchy.
- Paint nails and toenails, especially if they are acrylics or gels.
- Wax/shave at least 24/48 hours before treatment; this allows the pores time to close. Dotting in pores may appear if you don't leave adequate time for the pores to close.
- Do not moisturize your body or use skin lotions on the day of your tan. Face moisturizer is okay.
- Please remove all make-up and deodorant before your tan.
After your tan
- Wear dark loose clothing after your treatment. Tight clothing or underwear may cause marks, so I recommend going bra-less after if you can.
- Wear flip-flops or loose-fitting shoes like Ugg boots.
- Do not shower or bathe for at least 10 hours after the tan (the development time).
- Do not exercise or swim during the development period.
- Try not to touch your skin during the development time.